David McLean advises private investment funds and sponsors in their equity and debt investing activities. His deep experience up and down the capital stack allows him to bring a broad range of expertise to his clients, together with the deep market insight, knowledge and relationships that accompany that experience.
David regularly counsels clients on all types of investing activities, from venture capital, minority equity, growth equity and control buyouts, to venture lending, mezzanine finance and senior lending. He has over 19 years of practice, with a particular focus on junior capital and the investment funds that focus in this sector.
David and his team bring a partner approach to their clients, with an emphasis on providing value-added services that go beyond the mere execution of transactions
- New York University School of Law, JD, 1996
- Texas A&M University, BBA, cum laude, 1993
- Selected for inclusion as a “Leading Lawyer” in Corporate/M&A, Chambers USA, 2018
- Selected for inclusion as a “Leading Lawyer,” Commercial Lending: Advice To Lenders, 2017; Private Equity Buyouts, 2018; Texas, Legal 500 US
- Moderator, “Trends Impacting Lower Middle Market Firms Including the Minority Recap,” AM&AA Winter Conference, January 23, 2014
- Member, Commercial Finance Association
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth